Metamorphosis

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Predictions for the 6/18 games

Japan vs Croatia
A must win game for both teams and they will be hoping that Brazil does then a favor and beats Australia. It will be an entertaining game to watch. I thought the Croat's played well against Brazil and should have earned a draw. I fancy them over the Japanese so I am going for a 2-1 win to Croatia.

Brazil vs Australia
On paper this looks like the mismatch of the tournament, but it will not be an easy game. Australia will keep it tight and play an aggressive game hoping to hit Brazil on the counter attack or through a set piece. Brazil need to improve a lot and play a faster game if they are to defeat this solid Aussie side. This game could be the surprise of the tournament so I am going for a 1-0 win to Australia.

South Korea vs France
It's been more than 8 years since France scored in the world cup and it doesn't look like they will score anytime soon. I'm going for a 0-0 draw again!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cynic said...

Disagree with the Brazil prediction.
I think that Brazil was ineffective in the first game due to the amazing Croatian defense, which gave them no room to move or do any of the patented Brazilian stufff.
Austrailia has no hope for matching that performance. They should get slammed. Just hope they don't injure any Brazilian players on their way out of the world cup.

6:21 AM  
Blogger SeattlePharaoh said...

OK, I went out on a limb on this predication but I am still not impressed with Brazil. They played better than against the Croats but they rely on individual brilliance as opposed to collective team play. I think Ronaldo should be benched and I doubt they will go too far the way they are playing.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home