Metamorphosis

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Germany vs Italy predictions

I doubt that these two teams have lots of fans outside of their own countries. They both play a blend of mechanical and ultra defensive football, which can be boring. I like it and admire their style of play. It is extremely efficient and is not necessarily that boring. If you do not belive me, count the number of times these teams reached the world cup final in the last 20+ years. What is interesting about today's game is that both teams are not that boring. Germany has played some very good attacking football and Italy has scored a lot more than it usually does. The Italians have been magnificent in defense and I still find it hard to believe that Klose-Podolski will score against them. Toni has at last found the target so he might feel that he has a chance to crack the "weak" German defense. In my opinion the Italian midfield is more dynamic that the German one. Italy have Pirlo and Totti who can orchestrate things from the middle of the field. Germany rely on Ballack who is a great player but I expect that Gattuso will keep him busy. I'm going for a 1-0 win Italy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home